Saturday, April 22, 2017

Interaction with Books - I celebrated World Book and Copyright Day on 22nd April

I know book lovers celebrate the World Book and Copyright Day on 23rd April. I celebrate every year by reading a book and sharing the same with others.

Today (22nd April) I attended a event and I went to event as a reader and I had vague idea about Human Library. My understanding of Human Library - each person who comes as a book talks about the person's story and readers will listen and interact with the person. I was not sure if I can communicate with people around? My doubts - whether I offend them by asking wrong question? What if I ask a sensitive question?  I thought of just listening to them. The areas - education, passionate about what they are doing, how one overcame disability and so on. The areas that I normally felt sensitive and how one will talk about the same and am I ready to interact with them I was not sure. As I met them interacted with them - the experience really made me feel good all my questions about myself no where bothered me. I spent more than 3 hours interacting people after hectic day at work and travel in the Summer heat to event place didn't tire me at all.
After the session over a cup of nice coffee in a coffee shop when I tried to recollect the event and experience I encountered brought a   smile on  my face.

What a way to celebrate the World Book Day (in advance)

No comments: