Friday, December 29, 2017

It took 20 years to realise my dream

When I shifted my profession at the age of nearly 30, I faced ridicule, concern. With graduation degree in Library Science I went to interview, and I am not sure why I told the member interviewed me that I wanted to change the way people look at a Librarian. 
Interview went on like this
with your qualifications you can aim at higher level jobs, why do you want to join as a school librarian
My answer to the member - if you go to a party whom do you want to meet, definitely not a school librarian, I want to change that (Obviously I didn't get the job). Spent nearly 20 years in this profession. When I look back how I grew up as a person. Recently when I am featured in the Hindu, I realized, the dream I thought of is reality now. This year while slowly ticking towards end, I immensely enjoyed meeting authors, readers, literary enthusiasts, educators    most of all school librarians around the world online during webinars that made me look forward to each day as a challenging day and be a lifelong learner.

My gratitude to all the people who helped me to realise this dream

The Hindu Tuesday 19th December, 2017 Metroplus



No comments: