Monday, December 31, 2018

Gratitude & Closing remarks for the year 2018

As the time slowly ticking towards the number 12. I sat down pressing the keys on laptop, with a cup of hot coffee (unusually the temperature is very low, and feeling cold). The year went on well despite lows (which I am sure part of life), only highs or lows may be boring at times. I met lots of authors read books attended events - Books, Theatre and Music and of course Meetups. As the year progressed I started writing. Hope to continue in the 2019. Many people contributed to my journey in 2018. I wish to express my gratitude to all.

Wish You Happy New Year to You ALL   

2 comments:

pg said...

I wonder about the value of books. The value of the fiction genre at least.
Currently I find my curiosity leading me solely towards non-fiction. Stories have become horribly boring and trite to me. The same plot seems to be repeated again and again. And I've also found that reality is stranger than fiction, which takes the sails out of most stories. Not comedy though :D.

Oh but I found an old political satire which is absolutely hilarious, and at the same time a bit disconcerting. It's called 'Yes, minister', and it's sequel is 'Yes, Prime Minister.' Give them a go if you want a good laugh sometime :)

Wish you the best in your writing, and also a great year ahead of you.

Cheers.

Arun said...

Thank you for taking time to read. Yes I agree with you, regarding the fiction, looks repetitive at times. Surely there are books that are interesting to hook to the book, interestingly the debut authors into the fiction are also interesting. Some of the gems of earlier times still holds good. Though I wonder people still enjoy the humor and satire that made several books worth spending time to read and laugh heartily. If I may add P.G. Wodehouse.