Friday, January 18, 2019

LitYatra - Visiting Chennai to attend The Hindu Lit for Life (LFL 2019)


LitYatra -  Visiting Chennai to attend the Literature Festival
The Hindu Lit for Life (LFL 2019)

I generally don’t list out or keep any resolution when the new year begins. At times I think of few wishes (which are always very small) and don’t feel bad even if they are not fulfilled. Somehow, I wished this year apart from attending Hyderabad Lit Fest I thought of attending another lit fest. Chennai became priority as the event happens to be during Pongal vacation. I wanted to meet few people from quite long and felt I can meet them. I was following the schedule and the speakers and my decision to attend the LFL became strong though I had a doubt if I get to meet the people I want to meet. I was in cloud nine during the three days so excited as I could meet people I wanted to meet and the long-standing wish fulfilled., I wanted to meet a Nobel Prize winner, Rajmohan Gandhi and Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. I may not be able to tell reasons to meet these people. I met wonderful people interact with them and of course took pictures, got signed the books. Attended the book award event first time. Over all the experience made me grow in years. I also realised the decision to attend the event is the best decision in the beginning of the new year itself.

I had a privilege of meeting
Venki Ramakrishnan, Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2009)
Daniel Handler popularly known as Lemony Snicket, who wrote A Series of Unfortunate Events
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Meghna Gulzar
Audrey Truschke
Aditya Mukherjee
Rajmohan Gandhi
Ira Mukhoty
John Keay
Himanjali Sankar
Joeanna Rebello
Malavika Nataraj
Neha Singh
Radhika Menon
Sandhya Rao
Shiv Visvanathan
Anuradha Roy 

Schedules that I attended during Lit Fest  - LFL 2019
12th January 2019 1st Day
Gulzar on Gulzar
Meghna Gulzar in conversation with Baradwaj Rangan
The Handler of Unfortunate Events
Lemony Snicket in conversation with Rosella Stephen
The Myth and Reality of Emperor Aurangzeb - An Illustrated lecture
Audrey Truschke
The Literature of Myth: Using myths and legends in contemporary storytelling
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, Ravi Shankar Etteth and Sharanya Manivannan in conversation with Jonathan Gil Harris

13th January 2019 2nd Day
Politics of Identity: New ideas of caste and religious assertion
Aditya Mukherjee, Farahnaz Ispahani, Shiv Visvanathan and Ziya us Salam in conversation with G Sampath
What Ails Indian Science And What Can Be Done About It?
Nobel Prize Winner Venki Ramakrishnan in conversation with Dr K VijayRaghavan
Modern South India
Rajmohan Gandhi in conversation with Nirmala Lakshman
The Battleground of Indian History
Audrey Truschke, Ira Mukhoty, John Keay and Rajmohan Gandhi in conversation with Aditya Mukherjee
Award Ceremony The Hindu Prize 2018: Fiction and Non-Fiction and The Hindu Young World Goodbooks Awards

14th January 2019 3rd Day
Growing Up with Babasaheb Ambedkar: A lived experience
Sushama Deshpande and Urmila Pawar in conversation with Prema Revathi
Tales of our Times: Start them Young
Himanjali Sankar, Joeanna Rebello, Malavika Nataraj, Neha Singh and Radhika Menon in conversation with Sandhya Rao
Dissent on Aadhaar: Big data meets Big Brother
Reetika Khera and Suhrith Parthasarathy in conversation with G Sampath
Sexual Personae: Overcoming prejudice and misconceptions about sexuality
Nandini Krishnan, Madhavi Menon in conversation with Susan Hawthorne














No comments: