Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Lit Fest I look forward to be there.... HLF (Hyderabad Lit Fest) 2019 - Wonderful Experience


Hyderabad Literary Festival – HLF 2019

Attending the HLF remains part of my life now. Attending various sessions and meeting many people I generally meet at regular intervals and get time to spend quality time with like minded people. At times tend to meet new people.

This year for me remained special as I returned few days back from The Hindu Lit Fest, the memories remained with me and very quickly attending 2nd Lit Fest in the beginning of the new year made me more enthusiastic about the HLF.
As usual met lots of members I knew. Met a reading group member on FB, who is lit enthusiast and a person who runs a library for children, talking to young person about her passion really made me feel good.

Another person whom I met during the events, really made me think about life in general. A person who retired but attend all the events, when I had a small talk with him, he felt as he is not well qualified to read books to understand the author and he wants to listen to the authors to find out and learn from the events. What a learning experience and the zeal to learn. I was really surprised for his enthusiasm.   

Attending Lit Fest is always a delightful experience, though the events due to time constraint need to be short the authors spend time out side the venues sharing the anecdotes, inspiration for their writings etc. I had great pleasure of listening to Sudha Menon about her book “Legacy: Letters from eminent parents to their daughters”, the book was in my reading list and not been able to recollect the name, she spoke about her book, how she compiled the book and how the book came about, time well spent. Spent quality time listening to Gurucharan Das while signing the books.  

I had amazing time along with friends and like-minded people listening to historians. One young historian, Andrew Otis while talking got to know that he studied in the same University much later after I graduated.

Best of all time spent talking, listening to Prof. Sudhir Chandra. His insight into literature on Gandhi and his knowledge and memory while narrating various anecdotes on various topics really made me wonderstruck.

Met young author Krithi Dinakar Munagala nine-year-old who wrote Super Sushi Adventures: The Fun Begins. Very confident in narrating her story and her plans for writing more, most of all her life mission. She donated proceeds of sales of her book to different animal welfare societies, amazing work.

I had the opportunity to listen and meet
Shashi Deshande
Sitanshu Yashaschandra
Vivek Kaul
Vinay Sitapati
Aakar Patel


























2 comments:

pg said...

Haha, nice! :)
Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Arun said...

Thank you for the encouraging words.