Monday, March 18, 2019

Reading Jim Corbett



Ruskin Bond, Sudha Murty, whose writings are simple, description always make me visualise whatever author is writing, whether it is a story or real-life incident. Due to their writing style and humble nature that reflect in their writings and in their personality made me huge fan of them (in terms of reading their books and try and look for their new book). Apart from these authors I enjoy reading Jim Corbett. 

Recently I happened to read Corbett's collection published by Speaking Tiger Publishing House

1.      The Hunter's Friends: Selected Writings
Neil and Dansay
Adventures with Magog
The Churail and the Banshee
Robin
Kunwar Singh
Putli and Kalwa
The Queen of Cheena
The Affliction of Bala Singh
The Chowgarh Survivor
The Packman
Mothi and His Family
A Wild Boar Hunt
The Law of the Jungle
At Our Doorstep
Budhu
Lalajee
Chamari

2. The Fortunate Tiger and Other Close Encounters
            The First Leopard
            For Sport
            The Fortunate Tiger
The Muktesar Man-eater
The Talla Des Killer
The Fish of My Dreams
The Scourge of Champawat
The Leopard of Panar
The Man-eating Tigress of Chowgarh
The Chuka Man-eater
The Final Man-eater

The description in these two books whether about the people or the creatures in the jungles, flora and fauna made me hook to the books till I complete reading, taking me into the world of jungle. Mostly I enjoyed reading the life of people in the jungles and the tiger/tigress, their behavior and why tiger/tigress/leopard turn into man-eaters. Most of all the human-wildlife conflict or coexistence.



No comments: