Wednesday, November 20, 2019

National Library Week



Writing a post during Librarian’s Day (India) and National Library Week makes me introspect my journey in the profession and the changes that occurred in my personality. 2019 remained an important milestone in my life. Reason being all my wishes that I wished for came true, which I thought may not be possible so quickly.

I wanted to meet a Nobel Prize Winner, author everyone wanted to meet, getting a signed copy of Sudha Murti’s book and Meeting Ruskin Bond. During the Hindu Lit for Life, Chennai (2019) I met Venki (Venkataraman) (2009 Nobel Prize in Chemistry), Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni (author) and Lemony Snickett (Daniel Handler), interacting with him a prized memory for me (my students didn’t believe me when I showed pic the way I was laughing).   I met amazing authors and interacted with many authors and people as the year is moving towards the end, I started wondering about my wish to meet Ruskin Bond whenever someone posting on social media picture with Ruskin Bond. Started wondering about my time to meet him. Read around 864 stories in more than 100 books gave talk in a gathering about Ruskin Bond and started reading any new book that is published in November 1st week I met him, I couldn’t believe that I met him. Returned home and found the new book of Sudha Murti that I ordered online when I opened the book, surprise I got a signed copy of the new book. I started wondering about the changes in me, more positive and enjoying the opportunities that are coming in my way. What else I need….


No comments: