Saturday, June 20, 2020

Un-posted Letter on Fathers' Day

Dear Nanna (Sir, as I always  call you)
When I sit writing this letter, I am reminded of words I always think about. You once told me you wanted me see me as a doctor, though you never talked about it later anytime.  I always felt got the handwriting of a doctor (as in my experience prescriptions always were written in a illegible way and used to wonder the ability of chemists' to decode the words, of course now I see doctors with very beautiful handwriting and most of the time its printed prescription now, times changed you see) as my hand writing is illegible to my own eyes. I remember your legible and cursive handwriting. Sometime back for certain rituals I was asked to fetch any picture, all I could say is its in my memory.  I don't know why I am never a picture/photos guy. I know that you were very much passionate about photography not sure why you never talked about it (I remember you had lots of BW pictures in an album) is it because you lost the camera that you loved most? At times I wonder what happens when I am old and if there is a chance of losing my memory. I am not sure what will happen to my memories as I don't have any pictures of you? Just thinking aloud. Thanks for being there always. Regards
Arun