Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Making YouTube video



Dear reader if you are looking for a techie or geeks’ tips to make the yt video or a newbie looking for tips to make your video on YouTube get more likes sorry to disappoint to. This is not about those details.  

I always try and learn new things and see if I can incorporate those lessons. I keep posting on to FB, Insta, and twitter. I never tried to post on YouTube before. I had a breakthrough when the PN Panicker Foundation during their National Reading Month conducted various events that included the use of new technologies.  One such contest dealt with making a 3-minute video on topic chosen. Participant must post video on YouTube then share the link with the contest organizers. I said wow, now I need to work on this. One advantage of these times is everything is available online to certain extent free of charge. I just started inquiring with busy-bee, techy friends so that I can take their help if I fail (You see you need to have plan B, right). I got enough people around me who always there to pitch-in unless they are really, really busy.  Then religiously looked around for help online, google Baba (I use this for all pervasive sense, don’t attribute any motives I am not responsible if you do so and try and market this idea (definitely I am not the first one to use these words) produced millions and zillions (sorry I may be exaggerating pardon me for this but you know what I mean) and read them ok I am ready after sometime. I had to make 3-minute video right I calculated with people approximately half an hour I allotted 1 hour you known just in case.  You might be thinking why I am telling all these, sorry boss picture abhi baaki hai.. Real story begins now….

I prepared the content and made few rehearsals; you see I do not want to be a laughingstock after uploading the video. Any ways I sat down and checked timing etc., and started recording using my laptop when I checked the recording voice is not audible and switched to mobile, in the process I felt it’s not that easy when you are doing first time (I am talking about my experience here and not generalizing hats off to those who could it very quickly) as I guessed (so need to be careful while guessing one important lesson). It took me 6 times to do the recording finally I was happy that everything is fine. Some how there was nagging feeling that hinting something is not right you see when instinct warns me at times I will be careful (you see we are humans and ignore warnings and I had enough experiences so I thought I will go by my instinct I had enough time to upload so I thought why not sparing 3 more minutes in listening that proved me right). I started listening somewhere in the background there was a faint barking sound warning bells started ringing and through out the audio clip the barking sound is audible though unless you are keen in listening to find mistakes. I am posting to public listening how do I ignore the fact the people do listen. Now my problems started. For a second, I went into contemplation. I started thinking of dogs seriously. I remember due lockdown many stray dogs moved out of this my vicinity of late. I know there are no pets in my street as I speak.  Then how come I hear the barking sound. I stopped what ever I was doing. Sat down quietly started listening it was past 11PM so there was silence around I could hear barking sound far away. Then I sat down had to change my plan of recording and thought of using PowerPoint and insert audio for each slide so that I can use only few seconds and convert it into video. I patted on my shoulder (don’t ask me how its only… ) for this creative idea. I felt I can look quickly for mistakes and recording will be easy, I was wrong once again. Finally, when I am done with recoding it was 1AM.  I do not the reason there was a barking sound at regularly I could not even record for 10 seconds. Any way the idea of adding audio to slides worked though it took more than 2 hours. Finally, I uploaded the video posted to public (as I type this piece its  more than 48 hours no one gave me any complaints about the background noise I hope everything OK.)

(I thank a good friend of mine for suggesting to write)


No comments: