Thursday, March 17, 2022

Celebration......

 My gratitude to all for making me grow. Some of them don't like to mention names, it is their good spirit and hence I don't mention it. One good friend recently posted a link for the video about "being single" and why the stories are not told. It made me write this post. A BIG THANK YOU to the friend for bringing a writer in me? Rather I would say I am expressing what is churning in me... the floodgates are opened to express... Reading and reading alone gave me a way to put my words on paper rather type......

When I see the posts or writings that to me are bold (I grew up in the times were posing a question, talking about topics ....love, marriage, intimacy, relationship, gender, sexuality and being single, etc., for various reasons or rather unknown to me never cropped up in my head, shall I say I was rather busy with mundane day to day life? 

For me, life is simple, love unconditionally, never bothered about reciprocation, remained single by choice, never checked whether good or not. I always checked if something suits my temperament or am I ready, recently read a novella written by Gabriel García Márquez "Memories of My Melancholy Whores" after a post by a friend. I rather heard on audible, that made me introspect on the issues that I never felt are not to spend time on. Loneliness - I am alone but never felt I am lonely, books, music, theatre, friends, wellwishers, and more occupy my time and I never felt I am forced to replace my emotions. Always there are people who call me or meet me and these little surprises I felt are making my day. Many ask the question "Any story behind being single" my usual answer is "Never met one". Rather I want unconditional love and want my space (is it because I am born in July?) I am accommodative but don't want to lose my freedom. Another question "in old age you need a companion" I am in relationship to secure my old age dependence on someone? Love - when I am in love does that need to be two-way...... And I am in love with the universe, I see love everywhere and people are curious about my passing of time rather in a cool way how I enjoy I am not a foodie, not a party man, there are ways I enjoy with small ways..... I read "Atomic Habits" by James Clear.... hmmm I am doing good so far..... Rather I say I celebrate every day being surrounded by a rainbow of colours...


No comments: