Saturday, January 20, 2018

Events that I attended recently


2018 January right from the beginningof the month really was hectic. When I everI read about music concerts that happen in Europe I always feel jelous about the pwople who attend those concerts and when I listen to the music online (though I have no knolwedge about music both Indian and Western, only qualification I got is to listen if one feels that’s a qualifcation too). At the end of 2017 in my office I saw a poster SOTA Music Festival and first thing I did after reaching home checking bookmyshow and booked tickets. The first of its kind that I attended scheduled during January 2-6, 2018. I attended 2 days and the concerts really took me into trans and surely the music impacted on me as well.

14th of January a book reading session organized by the   Qadir Ali Baig Theatre Foundation. The book “Reading of Bimal Roy: The Man Who Spoke in Pictures” edited by Anwesha Arya & Rinki Roy Bhattacharya. Reading by Dr. Mohan Agashe and Mohammad Ali Baig followed by interaction with Rinki Roy Bhattacharya. It was a delightful experience listening to the daughter of the legend anecdotes shared by eminent people, clippings of songs from the movies Do beegha zameen and Madhumati a delightful treat of the event.

Second week of December 2017 I read a news item that stated about the Sitar and Tabla duet event and when I saw Ustad Zakir Hussain’s name along with Niladri Kumar first thing is I booked ticket. I don’t know some how I missed Ustad’s events when ever happened in Hyderabad, somehow it remained my unfulfilled wish. My wish fulfilled with the packed auditorium and the melodious.
The next is that I regularly wish and wait for is the Hyderabad Book Fair which normally used to be in the month of December, somehow it got postponed and started on 18th of January a ten-day gala event a really a treat for me where I meet the acquaintances, friends and  vendors and discuss of about the books   and the book trade, of course buy books. I was looking for a Telugu book for more than five years the book which is published in the early 80s.When it was published it really created ripples in the literary circles as the fiction is based on student days in university of 70s, particularly Telugu region. The was not reprinted for quite long. When I attended the inauguration of the book fair and visited stalls, I saw the book that I was looking for quite long, I grabbed the book, when I enquired, I was told the edition is released very recently. I normally visit all the days of book fair, as there will be book releasing events, talks etc., I found few books that I wanted to keep in my collection.    


No comments: