Saturday, July 27, 2019

I met….



Ideas do change one’s way of looking at things. At times one finds ideas in the things we do routinely. My well wishers always help me with ideas. Today one well-wisher while I was sharing experience of an event I attended, he immediately said “why don’t you document them, it may help someone”. I sat down and added words to the idea.

I will be writing about people I met – authors, speakers, artists etc. I might have met during events – book- talk, book signing, lit fest, theatre fest or workshops. I will share my experience.    

On 26th July 2019

I met Manu S. Pillai. When the “Rebel Sultans” published I was curious about the title., when I saw the title later “The Courtesan, the Mahatma & the Italian Brahmin” my curiosity started growing. When I saw the post in FB about Manu S. Pillai’s event organized by Manthan, decided to attend. Before that FB post in “Senior Reading Raccoons” posted about the book and I immediately bought the book. The stories really made me awestruck for the kind of storytelling style with ease and making history interesting. When I met him, a simple down-to-earth person the time started ticking slowly for the first time in an event I was restless. As event progressed, I realized I was looking for a historian who will talk about the actors, history that will make the reader look forward to reading. I saw his passion and articulation and the research in his talk.

2 comments:

Suhasini Srihari said...

Looking forward to read an elaborate review of Pillai's latest book.

Arun said...

sure, will do that