Thursday, August 12, 2021

Days from one Librarians day to another: Life gave me chances to grow

 On 11th August 2021, Facebook gave me pics from memories. What a coincidence I wrote a note on a biography of Dr. SR Ranganathan on the same day (one of the pics was from 2020 of the biography I read). I sat down recollecting from memories. And took note of all the things that happened from last year to this year. 

I met authors online and attended several book launches and discussions, interacted with many authors and some of them followed and commented on my posts on social media. On various platforms participated in book discussions met many wonderful people online who always provided me feedback and appreciated my efforts. 

I always felt that to approach and learn from professionals/experts. This year as a part of that signed up to attend IFLA-WLIC  (The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), World Library and Information Congress (WLIC)) 2021 from 17-19 August. And got an opportunity to register and have one-to-one coaching online from a mentor though I was to attend on 23rd August and the session preponed to 10th August. The mentor assigned to me is Ann Lundborg,  a developer for library and adult education in the region of Skane, Sweden. IFLA gave guidelines relating to the coaching sessions and as I did homework before attending the session. This helped me in learning and be part of the session actively. The feedback from the mentor gave me confidence (hope will try and will be a mentor). 

All through I wrote and published posts on blogs of professional groups and newsletters. Finally, today (12th August) when I posted on to my colleagues' groups and various social media about the National Librarians Day, the amount of positive feedback about my work made me feel good. I am blessed to have people (an amazing group of professionals from the School Library Association India), friends, and all those I met on social media, who encouraged me to be what I am. Thank you All.

HAPPY LIBRARIANS DAY






No comments: